Wednesday, 18 March 2009

A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR CHALLENGE 43 - GEMS

A friend of mine at work has asked me to make a Mothers Day Card for them to give to their mom so thought I would also have a go at this challenge.

This image I bought from the Hobbycraft Show NEC Birmingham last Saturday Sugar Nellie - Sweet and Sassy.  I coloured her in with distressed inks and cut her out using my new Nestability curved rectangle (also from the show) and mounted her with sticky pads.  I also used VersaMagic chalk ink to distress the edges called pink petunia.  The plain backing papers are Stampin' Up which was a prize from Emma and the flower paper is Fiskars Heidi Grace Designs - Garden Mini Flowers.  I cut out the border using my Fiskars daisy border punch.

The ribbon I had from Hobbycraft, the flowers were in a RAK from Linda, the gems are from my stash.  The sentiment is an Alota stamp.

Jayne xx

8 comments:

Malin said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog, I have to check out your later, looks very nice.

//Malin

LINDA said...

Gorgeous Card!!! You have colored her just perfectly!! Lovely layout..
Hugs Linda

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with A Spoon Full of Sugar this week, Hugs debbie x

Jane Carroll said...

super sweet jayne

lovely card

hugs jane x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love that sweet image and fab papers.

Monica Anderberg said...

I really love this card. It is so cute! Thanks for sharing all your work on your blog. You really inspires me alot!

BR/ Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com

Bev said...

So pretty, love the gorgeous colour combo and papers x

aardvarkpest said...

Sweet card, beautifully coloured.

Glenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails