Thursday, 26 March 2009

TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS CHALLENGE 3 - ADD SOMETHING SHINY

My 4 year old daughter Seren has been off Nursery today as she is not very well - hopefully just a 24 hour bug.  I managed to get this card done as she has been asleep most the day (just hope she gets some sleep tonight!).  For this card I decided to use my latest stamp addition Flowers by Sugar Nellie and coloured her in with Promarkers for a change.  I used some pink and blue papers from the DCWV Glitter Spring Stack and used my Woodcare edge cutter on the blue paper.  To represent some of the shiny element required I used some shiny red card from my stash and cut out a smaller curved rectangle with my Nesties.  The circle is cut from paper from K & Co Recycled Remake Berry Pinks Mat Pad.  The flowers I had in a RAK from Colleen.  I used some Papermania glittery mini brads for the flower centres.  The ribbon is from Hobbycraft. I computer generated the sentiment to make it more personal for my nan who is now in a nursing home.  Since February she has virtually lost half her weight weighing now 9 stone and has to have pure oxygen as she has lung cancer.  She is a very frail old lady now but still think of her as she used to be before.  My nan was the person who first inspired me to make cards as she used to make all her cards herself.

Jayne xx

7 comments:

LINDA said...

This is Gorgeous..Love the colors.Great coloring..Love it!!!
Hugs, Linda

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Jayne, I'm sure your nan will love it. Thanks for joining in the TS challenge and I hope your daughter sleeps well tonight!

RubyMay said...

wow...what wonderful colours ! This is a fabulous card....Love it x

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Michele x

Emma said...

Another gorgeous card Jayne... beautiful colours.
Hope your daughter is better real soon.
Emma x

Beth said...

This is fab! The Nestie shapes look great and the colours are so pretty! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!
Beth xx

Dawn said...

How beautiful - love the image and colours

Thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails