Monday, 6 July 2009

SUGARBOWLCHALLENGE 14 - Judy's sketch PLEASE USE SPARKLE

Its a very sad day for me today as my 85 year old Grandmother passed away in her sleep in the early hours of this morning.  She was the person who inspired me to start card making and one of the first posts on my blog was a birthday card for her last year.  So I chose this lovely new image from the Gorjuss Girls 3 collection as it shows a star and that is how I will think of my nan - a bright shining star!

I coloured the image in copics and used gold glitter glue on the stars and purple glitter glue for the dots on the dress.  I then cut her out with my nesties labels 4 and mounted with sticky pads.  The patterned papers are both from Pocket full of Poses paper stack, the silver mirror card and the plain purple card are both from my stash. The flower is Prima Daisy Dreams which I also added some purple glitter glue.  The gems are Papermania and the sentiment is Anita's.

Jayne xx

8 comments:

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous card and great take on the sketch :)
Thanks for taking part in the SB challenge
Hugs, Marlene x

Jane Carroll said...

beautiful card and so sorry to hear of your loss

Huge hugs Jane x

LINDA said...

Very Pretty card.. Love the colors that you have used..Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

debby4000 said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, beautiful card to remember her by.
luv
Debby

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

great card..love the image. Sorry to hear about your Nan. Beautiful image and pAPERS, hUGS jUDY XX

Lilian said...

Your card is just lovely and a beautiful *tribute* to your Grandma. I am sorry for your loss. Always remember the good times you've shared together.
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

this is beautiful x

My name is Wynneth said...

A beautiful card for a beautiful memory Jayne - so sad for you but a gentle passing for your Nan which was a blessing :0)

hugs
wynneth
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails