Thursday, 4 March 2010

BEST FRIEND DAISY


A friend of mine who I have worked on nights with for 13 years is moving onto another shift so I have made this card for her.  I will truely miss her as during those years we have stood by each other when we needed help.


I have followed the sketch over on sweetsketchwednesday - sketch 39.  I have used my Sugar Nellie image called Daisy, coloured her in with copics and cut out with my circular nestie.  I then placed a circular border around it cut out of SU So Saffron Rich Regals cardstock.  The dp is also from SU called Tea Party.  For the fancy edging I used my Martha Stewart Floral Lace punch and added SU Very Vanilla ribbon.  The flower is cut out using my Marianne Design Ribbon Flower die cut which I added a SU Filigree brad to the centre and added the same SU ribbon.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is stamped onto SU So Saffron cardstock and mounted onto SU Certainly Celery cardstock.


Jayne xx



12 comments:

Lisa T said...

Your card is so pretty! That is one of my favorite Stampavie images. So, so cute! Thanks for playing along this week with the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge!

Margreet said...

feel sorry for you that you have to miss your friend........you made her a gorgeous card......love all of it!

Today I received your envelope.....unfortunately it has been opened.......but I think they could not use that cute H&S girl....thanks very much!
xxx Margreet

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jayne,

I love this card, the image is one of my favourites and I love how you have coloured it.

Hugs Ali x

Rose said...

Beautiful card! Such a cute image and pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at SSW this week!

mulberry station said...

Your card is absolutely precious!! I adore everything about it. Your flower is wonderful and that image is just as sweet as can be. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Nancy SSW-DT

Stacy said...

This is just beautiful! Wonderful coloring and very pretty paper! I love this sweet image! Thank you so much for joining us at SSW!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card Jayne.
luv
Debby

Melissa Craig said...

Ohhh so sweet! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

sweetbloominscraps said...

What an adorable image and I love how you made your flower. Thanks for playing at SSW!

KymKreates said...

You know how much I love your work. This one is no different!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.
KymKreates

Jeannie said...

Very sweet and thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Terry Oulboub said...

This is such a pretty card and I just love that image! I'm sure your friend will miss you too having to go another shift for work - nice of you to think of her. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails