Saturday, 12 March 2011

ITS BABY TIME!

What a worrying couple of days I have had this past week.  My dad was told 2 weeks ago that back in November he suffered a mini stroke which at the time it happened he was admitted to Nottingham Hospital for various blood tests but as far as they could tell everything was ok!  A bit worrying when his eyesight wasnt 100% and when they discharged him the same day it had happened they wasnt bothered how he was going to get home!  Luckily he got in touch with one of his work colleagues who was in the area who fetched him.  Thursday just gone he had to have a MRI scan which my dad should have the results in about 3 weeks and today he has had to have an ultra sound!  I've got my fingers well and truely crossed that all is going to be ok.


Anyway back to my card.  I am entering this into four challenges which are:- Friday Sketchers Challenge 145, I Love Promarkers which is themed Babies,  ABC Challenge which is themed P is for Pearls and Totally Gorjuss which is themed Pearls and Lace.  I also have two friends who are both expecting (by coincidence) their third child and neither want to know what the sex is so tried to stay with a neutral colour!  Will make another baby card at a later date.



The image I have used is Willow holding Baby from Whiff of Joy coloured in Promarkers.  The cardstock used is from Stampin Up called Apricot Appeal.  The dp is from Nana's Nursery Baby Girl.  Lace was kindly given to me in a RAK from my DT friend Lacey, pearls are from Hobbycraft, flowers are wildorchidcrafts and fancy corners are from Cuttlebug Vintage set.




Promarkers used are:-


Face - Ivory
Hair - Caramel, Mustard, Buttercup
Baby Shawl - Almond
Dress - Peach, Soft peach


8 comments:

Bea said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge this week

Bea

Samantha said...

Very pretty card Jayne :0)

Lin said...

This is just beautiful.

Thanks for joining in with our Pearls challenge at ABC this week.

I do hope your Dad has positive news from his tests! My own lovely Dad, and indeed my Mum had strokes so I know how worrying it can be. All the best!

Lin xx

angelwhispers said...

I have everything crossed for your father Jayne such worrying times when its a parent that ill!!!

We have had my Mum in and out of hospital all week so I know the worry you are going through. But things will get better xxxx

Loving this image she looks fab in your colours I made one of these for my Daughter when sje had Summer and love the image its so precious!!

Love & Hugs to you and your family Chanelle xxx

Karen said...

This is so sweet, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

katesacraftybugger said...

so pretty ,thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Kate xx

Julie said...

A fab card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

Julie W x

phatelara said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love it! <3

Debbie, Crafty Heart

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails