Monday, 30 January 2012

SUGAR BOWL - paper piecing

I couldn't believe that I had won one of the surprise candies on the latest Puppy Love blog hop over on Sugar Bowl.  I was so delighted to have won Lead The Way which I decided to use for the latest challenge over on the Sugar Bowl which you have to use Paper Piecing on your project.  Its also my best friend's birthday very soon and as she is having a Cockerpoo puppy in the next few weeks thought this image would work great on her card.



I used promarkers on the non paper pieced sections and used papers from Stampin Up called Sunny Garden which I adore.  The cardstock and ribbon used are also from SU called Daffodil Delight.  I created the flowers by layering 2 sizes of die cuts from Marianne Design and added a punched out circle to the centres and adding a yellow flat backed pearl to the centres.  The sentiment is from Forever Friends Pink Parfait which has been placed onto a Extra-Large Modern Punched label from SU.  To create the bow I used my Bow-Easy and added more flat backed pearls to the top corners.







6 comments:

Marion said...

Hi Jayne,
This is fabulous. Gorgeous image and colour combo. Congrats on your win.
hugs
Marion

Lilian said...

Love your monochromatic yellow card! Beautiful flower too! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous sweetie, fabulous colours too, big happy hugs love Pops x x

Linda said...

Hi Jayne,Its been such a long time since my last visit, hope your doing well.. Your card is simply beautiful..Hugs, Linda

Marilyn said...

Love the image, colours & layout on this fab card!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Jayne, and such bright fresh colours. Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl this time.
Cathy xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails